Sunday, January 14, 2007

First Post of '07...God I'm Lazy


After a long hiatus, I have decided to return to blogging! Like Gangbusters!

I am entering my last semester at Mizzou. Time to make some actual decisions, I suppose. I know I want to go to grad school, but I think I should take some time to pursue all of my funding options. Hopefully, I will be able to find a job with the University in the meantime.

The break from school was on fire. I got to hang out with my boys and family. Scoville, Michael and I went to Missie B's in Kansas City AND IT WAS KARAOKE NIGHT! In my drunken state, I got up and sang "Total Eclipse of the Heart." I was rooted by several gay men holding lighters and the shirtless "cowboy" who ran the karaoke machine joined in. It was a night of magic!

I went to St. Louis with Claire and met her parents and little sister. I was pretty nervous considering I had never really thought of myself as the type you bring home.Ah...times they are a changing I guess (sorry about the cliche). I also met her friends from home at a Thai restaurant called the King and I. The food was outstanding. The second night we went to Claire's best friend, Michelle's sushi party. The food and company were both exceptional.

The next night we had dinner with her parents, sister, and brother. Oh, Paul. We were treated to stories about homemade kefir giving him euphoric highs and smoking sage. He was generous enough to open up his home to us to watch Talledega Nights and show us his homemade mushroom tea!

Also it was the fete de roi, a French holiday celebrating the arrival of the kings at Jesus' birth. Claire, her mother and I made a gallette to mark the occasion. Her father deemed it "alright."
He found the little figurine in the cake, so he was king for a day.

I came back to Columbia and exchanged gifts with my homegurl Julia. You'll never guess what I got! A BEDAZZLER! If you want your intitials on a the back of your jeans, let me know I can hook you up. I can Bedazzle ANYTHING! ANYTHING you want! On the car ride to Addison's, Julia, Jon, Claire and I listened to the new Thermals CD. I love it! Thanks Jon and Julia!

Claire and I headed to KC shortly after to hang out with my mom, Jerry, and Austin. We mostly shopped and drove around the city. I took Claire to the Nelson...can't wait for those underground galleries to open. Moms treated us to a delicious lunch at Andre's! I love their tasty little confections.

We also went to Legends, the overwhelmingly large shopping center in Kansas. I got a new pair of kicks at the Converse store for $20! They are distressed slip-ons. Sadly, they didn't have the yellow hi-tops I have been seeking for months. We were hungry after shoe shopping for two hours, so we went to a dinosaur themed resataurant called T-Rex. Jodie met us there and we were the only table without young children. Claire was in dinosaur heaven. Mmmm overpriced meals and screaming kids...a dream of dreams.

I am glad to be back in Columbia, in spite of the ice storm.

I am nervous about the new semester. It is my last, but I feel like I am losing my edge or something. I feel less creative, jaded, and a bit like I am going to fall on my face. I probably just need to get back into the swing of things.

My New Year's resolution: Quit freebasing.

3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a good break, babe. thanks for including all the shit about my weird, hippy stoner brother. sadly, your description of the events that transpired was accurate. he really is that fucking weird.

you forgot, however, to add that we both got to witness mexican ghettos, dice games, and anne hathaway's titties over break. for shame.

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Julia said...

You feel "less creative" this semester?!? Pshaw!

You git to that Bedazzlin' and your creativity will spew like undigested, screw-top blackberry wine from a drunken sorority girl's mouth in the alley behind Field House.

... I just made myself nauseous

Anyway, blogging is the first step to combat feelings of being jaded and uncreative. Woooot!

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Horus said...

King and I?! That is MY FAVORITE Thai restaurant in Des Moines!! It's kinda funny because I call them for take-out like once a week and they have memorized my voice and when I say I want to make an order the lady says, "OH! Triangle Tofu, Massaman Beef Curry, and Jasmine Rice!" and I'm like "yeah, I'll be there in 20 minutes". I keep thinking I should be like, "Nah fuck that!" I never do though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home