Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The hirsute man waxes his legs

This week my impending graduation has been sitting on my shoulders like Dom DeLuise (ZING!). Goodbye easy livin' hello stressed poor eating habits living. I am having major freak-outs that I am not going to get into a good graduate program. I had a dream that I was rejected from all of my choices, moved to Jefferson City, got married, and had children. When I awoke, I was covered in sweat. This GRE is going to be the death of me!

"There's never enough time. I'll never get into Stanford. I'm so excited, I'm so excited..." (You know the rest)

4 Comments:

At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so scared!!!

U of MN, yo.

I'm just sayin.

 
At 12:32 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Shit, lady. You're going to do awesome things in life no matter where you end up going to school. If all else fails, you're pretty much guaranteed a spot at Mizzou. Unless you try to murder some higher up with your bare hands... only then will you maybe not get in.

Take comefort in this fact: At least you're not Dane Cook.

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Horus said...

When I was getting ready to graduate I decided to forego the GRE, forego graduate school, and just go straight to work. Now I really want to go to graduate school and so I looked at some sample GRE's and found that I've forgotten everything. Take comfort that you are getting it done while everything is still "fresh".

 
At 1:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very old, wise man once said a long, long time ago on IM earlier tonight:

"A classroom is your ice rink, and you are the Wayne Gretzky of academics."

Every time you're about to have a freak out, just remember that you are a fabulously-mulleted retired Canadian hockey player. You will calm down instantly and manage an effortless hat-trick.

Live long and easy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home