Tuesday, August 29, 2006

All the cameras comin' out for a public affair...

It is Tuesday, so I suppose I should blog about my most excellent weekend. Friday night I watched The Order with Erin, Patrick, and Andrew. Then we went to a fine box social at fellow blogger Ben's house, where we met up with Ryan, Jodie, and Katy. Indeed! It will be the box social that all will speak of for weeks to come!

I got up pretty early on Saturday morning. Did someone say steals? It was a whole day of them. Andrew and I went to various vintage stores and flea markets, where we found some great things for my house. If you are in the neighborhood, you should stop by and see my newly decorated home. I also found the gayest bag ever at Maude Vintage. It looks like somebody made it out of an old pride flag. Andrew found a pink members only jacket! Steals!

That night Erin, Patrick, Andrew, Ryan, Katy, Ben and I all went to see the new Matthew Barney project, Drawing Restraint 9. My stomach was full of the Chuck Shaw and garlic/ricotta mashed potatoes Katy brought. Thanks lady! The film was rather impressive. Some of the scenes were slow, but the climax was beautiful. It involved vaseline, whale fins, and the arctic. The soundtrack was amazing as well. Bjork's music was the perfect complement to the film. Two bottles of chardonnay (don't worry, it was shared) later, it was time for bed.

Sunday morning, I went to breakfast at Ernie's with Jodie and Katy. We had the hottest waitress! We sat down, and who shows up? Why it was Patrick, Jenny, Meghan, and Trent. They joined our table. Good times! The french toast: off tha chain.

Yesterday, I found out I got the McNair Scholars assistant position. Loves it! Apparently a lot of people applied. I was a bit surprised since I don't usually get jobs that I want. I start Thursday. So excited! I think it is going to be a really great opportunity.

I am off to knitting with Katy at the Artisan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home