Thursday, August 03, 2006

Local blogger (ME) drinks too much coffee at local hang out (the Artisan).

I should be asleep, but I am watching a VH1 Countdown about cheesy love songs (god I am lame) and feeling like I need to ramble on my blog for awhile. My friend Clay stopped by earlier. It was so good to see him. I hadn't seen him in over three years. Looking at him and talking to him reminded me of what I was like before Kenna. I guess that was the last time I saw him.

This being single thing is really odd to me. As I thought about it the other day, I realized that this is the longest I have ever been single. Do I like it? I am ambivalent, or maybe I am just adjusting. *Sigh* I certainly don't have an incessant need to find somebody, but I don't want to become the crazy old lady by the railroad tracks, either. You know, the one will all of the stray cats and stacks of old newspapers? Damn this VH1 Countdown.

My head is empty again. Time to sleep.

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM , Blogger Katy said...

bitch please. Stacks of old newspapers and cats are my life. You can often find me aimlessly wandering downtown parking lots trying to pet feral cats. While doing that I grind my teeth so hard that I broke one the other day. I can't say its the way I imagined my mid-twenties, brokwen toothed in the methodist church parking lot, but I guess thats cool too.

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Julia said...

My great aunt Gussie had a stroke when she was in her 80's. Before that, she and her husband had never had any kids or let anyone come over to their house to visit.

My parents went over there to take care of her and finally see what her house looked like. Newspapers from 1920 to present were stacked floor to ceiling in almost every bedroom.

So I think if the three of us start now, we can accomplish a fully-stocked, crazy old lady newspaper house by the time we turn 50.

We'll be like the Golden Girls, but more drunk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home