Monday, January 29, 2007

What the hell is wrong with you, America?

I read this article in the Times today. If you are too lazy to click on the link then here is some motivation:

"Even when they are on vacation, the Schneider family seeks out the nearest Costco to gas up their rental car, grab a familiar lunch and browse for local specialties to bring back home. They have bought cases of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts from a Costco in Hawaii, gallon-sized salsa in Tucson, Ariz., and a crate of ruby red grapefruits in Marina del Rey, Calif."

Who does this? I like "things," but seriously, this is out of hand, America. It is unsettling that people can buy food and television in the same location. Shame on you membership fee driven discount warehouses.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Thank you, Costco, for allowing me to impulsively purchase an iPod with my 20 gallon tub of mayonnaise!

I CHOOSE MY CHOICE!!

I CHOOSE MY CHOICE!!!!

When will your attack on my freedoms ever end?!

Now I'm going to return to my Costco brand iPod and slow-jam out to the entire Steely Dan catalog.

 
At 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what, costco is a sign of america.

if you hate america, get out.

if ya ain't first, yer last.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home