Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Some housekeeping....

Okay, so I didn't ever want to do this but I have reached my limit. If you still read this, you will most definitely know who you are. I will exclude your name from the post...I suppose that is chicken-shit of me in an attempt to spare your feelings. But here goes:

You need to find your own interests, friends, and personality. It is rather sad and pathetic how you parade around with this new "you" that is exactly like me over the summer. Some might say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but honestly, this is fucking creepy. I kept quiet when I saw you gradually having more and more friends in common with me on Facebook after we broke up AND I kept quiet when I saw you messaging my ROOMMATE and becoming her Facebook friend several months after we broke up. But participating in Mizzou events in which I would most likely participate? Christ, you don't even go to school here...let alone have the ability to write a monologue!

I have done my best to actively avoid you, which has meant giving up everything I used to do (since you began frequenting every establishment I did over the summer). Really, its fine because those were single-people things and I am happily involved, however, it is still obnoxious. Also, there is a code about fucking the person that was your ex-girlfriend's rebound from you...usually it isn't a good idea.

I don't hate you, think badly of you, or wish any ill fortune on you. All I really want is for you to recognize some basic boundaries of social interaction. Think about the spaces that were so clearly ones where I was independent of you. The ones I had when I was escaping you. You need to find yourself, not me.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, whoever you're talking about is lame. i guess everyone needs someone to follow them around and nail their leftovers, but seriously... its a little creepy. you guys didn't even date for that long...

i'm glad you're happily involved now. i know i sure am.

 
At 12:18 AM , Blogger Dan Richardson said...

I'm sorry. I'll stop. It is me we're talking about here, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home