Saturday, April 29, 2006

A Picture of Dorian Gray

Greetings! Last night was my birthday jamboree. Thank you to everyone who made it a smashing evening. Dinner at Trattoria was fabulous!

Oh fuck, it's getting close to finals week. I have so much shit due before then...I will probably be holed up for the next few weeks.

I got a new cell phone, finally, after breaking my old one three times. This time there was no fixing it which it good because I hated that phone. The lady at the cell phone place did some kind of demonstration that proved that it will be pretty hard to break this one, but we will see if it can stand up. The manager of the cell phone place made some hilarious but well intentioned comments. In a nutshell, he told Julia and I that we probably thought we were nerds because we wore glasses, but we shouldn't think that because we are beautiful girls. This would be the second time within a two day period that an older gentleman has commented on my appearance. The first being in the context of a job interview. This one is a bit more inappropriate.
First he asked me why I like Sociology. Then he proceeded to tell me that there was no money in that and I should be a nurse. After that he told me that I was an attractive young lady. All I could think was What the fuck, is this 1975? AND THEN he would not stop talking about his office supplies cabinent. Needless to say I won't be taking that job! And so the search continues.

Question: Who wears short shorts?

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

And, I'm fucking jealous.
I haven't eated at Trattoria in, like, five years!

 
At 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

eated?
Shit.
Eaten.
I'm awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home